Thursday, March 17, 2011

Things that make me wonder...

When did 'politically correct' become a bad thing? I mean, if an institution seeks to update themselves with an eye towards greater fairness, why would they be criticized, with snideness, for trying to be politically correct? Isn't that a compliment?

When did Christianity become the National Religion? I missed the memo.

And when did Christianity come to mean conservative? Jesus was a liberal, people!

And since when did Conservative mean 'we care what you do in the privacy of your own home'? The conservatives I knew growing up believed whole heartedly that their private lives were none of the governments business. When did that change?

No wonder it is so hard to have a rational discussion anymore. Somebody has taken the words and packed them with agendas, misinformation and skewed meaning.

Some days I think the greatest threat to this country is our ever decreasing standards in education. Less money to guns and more to teachers, IMHO, is the solution.

2 comments:

  1. I know better than to read "yahoo comments". It only illustrates a cross section of angry frustrated people who don't have the balls to put their name on their ignorant spew.

    HOPE it doesn't represent most people, but it freaks me out when supposedly well-educated politicians and media people start talking like that.

    ReplyDelete