Friday, March 18, 2011

I love L.A.


Tip the world over on its side and everything loose will land in Los Angeles.
- Frank Lloyd Wright

This is the view from my editing room. The building next door is under construction so my view also includes cool entertainment I.E., men in hardhats driving destructo machinery around. I grew up in the suburbs of Chicago, so a view of the mountains will never seem old to me.

Inside, I work with the coolest people on the planet. Artists, writers and film makers, of every race, creed and life style preference you can imagine. It's like the United Colors of Beneton here. If you are looking for diversity in employment, I highly recommend Disney Studios.

Of course, this being the second largest city in the United States, it's a big plus to make a decent living here. Nobody likes to live in the economically challenged neighborhoods of a super large city. I think most of what people see on television is about the scary parts of town and the people who must struggle for survival in those neighborhoods.

It took fifteen minutes for me to get to work this morning. I drove here in a convertible with the top down.

I love Los Angeles.

3 comments:

  1. Well, we DO have sunshine in Minneapolis today, although it's only 38F. Might've been kinda chilly in your convertible. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you have people who know how important Ice Hockey is. That's a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That is a view, and it makes life easier when you enjoy your job and where you live.
    Sounds like a great place to work.

    ReplyDelete