Thursday, November 8, 2012

Two Unrelated Things

Well, I've hit the bottom of the deletion cycle, I think.  I wrote 500 words today beyond what I deleted.  There is still a lot to get rid of, but the character arcs have tightened somewhat.  I feel so insecure about this book.  I don't know who this dude is sometimes!

Also, I read a blog post somewhere in which an author complained about authors who talk about politics.  Now, I am one of those people who believes that the personal is political.  That you really can't separate the two.  But I appreciate that my readers may not want to hear my diatribes. 

Those of you who feel that way should probably stop reading now.

The GOP made a fatal mistake this election.  They did not LOOK at the American people.  They looked at the fantasy in their heads in which the vast majority of Americans are white protestants, who hate immigrants, intellectuals, liberated women, foreigners, homosexuals and any race not their own.  And now they will have to wake the Ef up or there will be no Republican party in the future.

Maybe the Green party will be the next challenger?  I could go for that.

Thank God.


2 comments:

  1. I think you nailed it - the fantasy American population in their heads. The whole thing was terrifyingly delusional. I really don't want to live in The Handmaid's Tale, you know?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's tragic reading their summaries of 'what went wrong'. The conspiracy theories. The wailing and the 'we've lost the country'. They never HAD this country. The United States at it's core has always been about equal chances, equal pay, equal rights for all. I think it was in Romney's speech (but I might be wrong) that he complained that American's "think they have the right to healthcare."

    So some people don't have the right to healthcare? Wow. Yes, scary delusional.

    Remember when Reagan let the insurance companies drop people who were found to have AIDs? And yet the Romney crowd happily chortled that they were going to return to the Reagan era.

    Oh don't get me started. But its okay. The numbers tell us that the lunatics are in the minority. Not as big a minority as we might want, but vast numbers of them are over fifty...

    ReplyDelete