Sunday, November 18, 2012

The Color Not-quite-purple

I didn't write yesterday because I was getting the guest room ready for Thanksgiving.
This old house has popcorn ceiling texture that is unbearably ugly.  Room by room, I'm getting rid of it.  The first room I did was the office, so I could sit here and find excuses to not write.  Scraping the ceiling, repainting it with this awesome stuff called 'ceiling paint'.  Then prepping and painting the walls, two coats even with the 'paint-with-primer' paint.  Then the trim.  It takes at least one day for a small room.  The office took two days because I painted it with this gorgeous paint by Ralph Lauren called 'suede', which requires a second coat to be applied with a hand brush.

Anyway, now my guest room is amethyst.  On the little sample card it looked sophisticated and sort of warm.  On the walls it is suspiciously close to grape.  I think it will be okay if I am careful with the accent colors and stuff.

Tomorrow I have to go to the dentist.  I've bought a house a way out from the city, so going to the dentist means leaving at 4:30 to get to the gym, work out, get dressed and drive for an hour and a half.  This means I probably won't be able to write tomorrow either.  So I got up super early today to write.

Argh.  I have to delete a huge chunk.  I've got two hours to write before the gym opens.  I still have a lot of cleaning and grocery shopping and baking to do today, so I'm going to try to get my 1000 words done in two hours.  ha.  I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment