Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Yes, I'm still here.


My absolutely most favorite cover ever. Just thought I'd share it.

And a Kurt Vonnegut quote:

  • Well, I've worried some about, you know, why write books ... why are we teaching people to write books when presidents and senators do not read them, and generals do not read them. And it's been the university experience that taught me that there is a very good reason, that you catch people before they become generals and presidents and so forth and you poison their minds with ... humanity, and however you want to poison their minds, it's presumably to encourage them to make a better world.
    • "A Talk with Kurt Vonnegut. Jr." by Robert Scholes in The Vonnegut Statement (1973) edited by Jerome Klinkowitz and John Somer October 1966), later published in Conversations With Kurt Vonnegut (1988), p. 123
Don't know why that quote and this cover appealed to me simultaneously at 6 am on a Wednesday morning, but there you are.



2 comments:

  1. It's good to know that you're still here. :)

    Excellent quote - thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm barely still here. Working the entire weekend and all of next week. To infinity and beyond! (to quote my all time favorite animated character)

    Proofing an ms one fricking line at a time during breaks and early in the a.m. before work. I think I need to have my eyes checked, everything is blurry.

    ReplyDelete