Thursday, March 25, 2010

On behalf of the silent and sane majority

I called my Senators' offices today and thanked them.

I'm sure the nutcases threatening congressional members are far less representative of the American people than one might gather from Yahoo and Fox. And I think it's fairly obvious why frustrated and overpowered Republican Congress-people would say things like "the American people are angry" when they have no evidence to support that assertion. Well, except the crazy (and illegal) actions of a few psychos.

But I wanted both of my Senators, and my local Rep, whose offices I also called, to hear it from me. The news hasn't shown the face of one happy American, I told the people who answered my call. This is me telling you there are a lot of us. We just aren't throwing bricks.

No comments:

Post a Comment